Mask up?

Mask up?

Chase Gilpin, Reporter

Mandatory or not, masks have been a huge part of these past 2 school years. Having to wear masks everyday, all day long, has taken a big toll on how students view school. Making days feel like weeks and weeks even longer. Starting at the beginning of the 2020 school year, masks were required. The CDC said that wearing a mask will help prevent the spread of Covid-19, which made schools jump for joy at the fact that school could happen in person just as normal. Students were not thrilled when they heard that they would have to wear masks during school as well as sports. Making it even harder for kids to enjoy school. 

The 2021 school year starts and the mandate is officially over, meaning kids can return to their normal selves this year, if they choose. Of course it is still an option to wear a mask or not, but a lot of kids still choose to wear them. Some teachers still choose to wear them while teaching big classes. In an interview with Mr. Settle, he said “I am fully vaccinated, but am also a caretaker of my 89 year old mom”. Mr. Settle does everything in his power to take care of his students, himself and his family. Taking the extra precautions is what you have to do in times like this sometimes.